Commodity Risk Manager (Hybrid)
Salary MYR240,000 - MYR336,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Melissa Ang
Job Ref 1899510/001
Date posted 02 February 2023kuala-lumpur accountancy-finance/financial-analysis 2023-02-16 2023-04-03 accountancy kuala lumpur MY MYR 240000 336000 336000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Commodity Risk Manager (Hybrid) job has just become available at a large engineering MNC based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to the Regional Head, you will be a part of the dynamic team.
About the Commodity Risk Manager (Hybrid) Role:
In this position, you will be the primary interface for trading and supply benches, while managing the daily activities that meet the team’s core responsibility of delivering independent daily exposure and P&L, and provides analytics to support business insight, including working capital and cash.
- Create and deliver high quality, insightful, value added, and automated management information. Bring transparency to deal structures and explaining financial impacts in operational terms
- Independent understanding of trading strategies to identify/escalate and mitigate financial, operational and reputational risk related to new or existing activities
- Ensure timely validation of new business to ensure that new business deals are accurately represented in the system. Validation and analysis of prices and curves and resolve any issue with bench analyst on a timely basis
- Ensure market data integrity with reference to price series and forward curves, pricing calendars and expiry tables in the systems
- Ensure accurate delivery of independent exchange-related activities, analysis of exchange trades with a lens of risks involved and accurate forecast of cash required for exchange trading
- Collaborate closely with finance, risk, and front office teams to resolve any discrepancies on counter-party, pricing, volume and MTM intent
- Accurately validate, monitor, and manage ancillaries and related P&L daily including troubleshooting and resolving any related issues. Validate deal level MTM, exposure and P&L
- Liaise with finance, risk, and front office teams to resolve any discrepancies on counter-party, pricing, volume and MTM intent
- Lead a team of analyst and provide day-to-day support and guidance. Help drive process and operational transformation while maintaining a strong focus on control
To succeed in the Commodity Risk Manager (Hybrid) role, you will need to have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Master or bachelor’s degree in Finance
- Degree with at least 10 - 15 years of finance, risk or other proven experience
- Proficiency in identifying basic risk mitigation strategies and can drive commercial focus, analyse exposures and be a strategic member of the finance team
- Knowledge in the external environment in which the business operates and ability to assess and challenge its impact on the business risk matrix are crucial for this role
- Ability to analyse operational risk exposure and advise risk mitigation programmes
- Programming skills and understanding energy trading markets and instruments would be highly beneficial.
- Background on product control or risk management environment in commodity trading or derivative instruments
- Strong organisational skills, ability to process and prioritise information efficiently
- Good communications skills to maintain effective working relationships with GBS stakeholders
This MNC engineering firm needs no introduction and is one of leaders in their field of expertise and they have a strong presence in the market. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Commodity Risk Manager (Hybrid) role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+603 2303 7025
Salary: MYR20,000 - MYR30,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 March 2023This leading organisation is preparing for massive growth in the years to come in view of the multiple projects that they will be undertaking. As such, they are recruiting for a Head of Corporate Strategy and Corporate Finance job to join them in bringing the organisation to the right direction.
Salary: MYR400,000 - MYR480,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 March 2023An exciting GM/ Chief Integrity Officer job has just become available at one of the GLCs based in Petaling Jaya. Reporting to the Group CEO, you will be a part of the dynamic team.
Salary: MYR360,000 - MYR480,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 March 2023A beauty retailer is looking for a high-calibre candidate for a Finance Director job to be part of their Malaysia team.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 10 March 2023A Deputy General Manager - Corporate Strategy job has become available at a leading conglomerate which has interest in the manufacturing, property development and hospitality industries. Strategy.
Salary: MYR200,000 - MYR221,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 March 2023An exciting GL (Fixed Asset) Manager job has just become available at one of the pharmaceutical MNCs based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, you will be a part of the dynamic team.