Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Jack Moh
Job Ref 1909780/001
Date posted 03 March 2023penang accountancy-finance/financial-accountant 2023-03-03 2023-05-02 accountancy Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Accountant job has just become available at the world-leading provider of industrial machine visions systems based in Penang. This company provides systems, solutions and services to its international customers through a network of group companies located in North and South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia, as well as through a global network of sales and service partners.
About the Accountant Role:
The Accountant will be responsible for the company’s finances in Southeast Asia and working closely with the Administration Manager and the rest of the senior leadership team in Southeast Asia.
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Prepare monthly balance sheet, P&L financial statements
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes
- Reconcile account balances/general ledger entries with bank statements
- Collect vendor invoices and summarise with needed information, to be approved in line with approval procedures and ensure payments are paid on time
- Review staff claims and verifying with proving evidence, ensuring each claim is properly approved in compliance with company policies
- File and maintain documentation for local, withholding tax
- Ensure compliance with local tax regulations
- Prepare cash flow projections and active management of the organisation’s cash position
- Prepare debtors and vendor ageing reports
- Coordinate and support the preparation for annual audits
- Prepare, implement, and track performance against annual budgets
- Meet local and group processing and reporting deadlines
- Respond to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits
- Advise the CEO and the senior leadership team in all financial matters related to the business
To succeed in this role, you must have good knowledge of accounting principles, taxes and be familiar with financial regulations in Malaysia.
- A bachelor's degree or professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA) in finance or accounting
- A minimum of five years of experience responsible for the finances of a business
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, good problem-solving and time management skills
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
- Be fluent in written and verbal English and Bahasa Melayu
- Experience with the Xero accounting software package is an advantage
- Experience working with European companies is an advantage
This company is much more than an organisation of manufacturing and production of machine vision systems and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Accountant role is right for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 4 240 2134