Operations Controller (Costing)
Salary MYR120,000 - MYR156,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Melissa Ang
Job Ref 1858400/001
Date posted 07 October 2022kuala-lumpur accountancy-finance/financial-accountant 2022-10-07 2022-12-06 accountancy kuala lumpur MY MYR 120000 156000 156000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Operations Controller (Costing) job has just become available at one of the manufacturing and production MNCs based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to the Controlling Manager, you will be a part of the dynamic team.
About the Operations Controller (Costing) Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for management of costing, fixed assets, inventory and related processes.
- Thoroughly review, understand and explain variances to both plan (standard cost), plan year and prior year in accordance with established thresholds
- Analyse business information, identify opportunities to reduce cost and increase revenue. Evaluate and administer components of operating processes and recommend improvements
- Monitor and track monthly expenditures to minimise overspending above planned and/or approved levels
- Recommend improvement ideas to reduce cost, improve working capital, reduce obsolescence, waste, etc. Review operating results before closing to minimise errors. Ensure reports are complete, accurate and meet expectations of users
- Prepare presentations for performance management, track and ensure ownership of action items and follow up as necessary
- Ensures quality and timely financial reports relating to operations, should facilitate business support and decision support to ICF, RAP finance and business team
- Drive automation and process improvement projects
- Perform deep-dive product cost evaluation and analysis. Prepare and maintain standard costs including related cost centre planning/activities
- Assist in annual target setting, prepare monthly/quarterly and annual forecasts as needed
- Perform complex analysis, modelling, and other tool creation to enhance planning and reporting processes
To succeed in the Operations Controller (Costing) role, you will need to have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration
- Professional accountancy certification desired (e.g. ACCA/CIMA/CPA)
- Five years of relevant finance and accounting experience or in costing
- SAP experience is a must
- Good IT skills with computer spreadsheets, software and automated accounting systems
- Proven track record to manage finance processes, workflows
- Prior business partnering skills is an advantage
This manufacturing and production MNC needs no introduction and is one of leaders in their field of expertise and they have a strong presence in the market. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Operations Controller (Costing) role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR144,000 - MYR192,000 per annum + Attractive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 November 2022An exciting Senior Finance Manager (PLC) job has just become available with a public listed company as part of succession planning for the VP Finance role.
Salary: MYR120,000 - MYR156,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 27 October 2022A renowned luxury retail company is recruiting for an FP&A Manager job in Malaysia. In this job, you will be responsible for budget and internal compliance related functions.
Salary: MYR120,000 - MYR168,000 per annum + Market aligned + hybrid working modeLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 September 2022An attractive Group Accountant job has become available at a prestigious company based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Group Finance Manager, this is a role for a finance expertise who is a leader in their field.
Salary: MYR96,000 - MYR180,000 per annum + As market aligned + additional allowancesLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 September 2022A professional firm is recruiting for a Transaction services (Manager/Director) job to join their team in Malaysia. In this job, you will be reporting to the regional head office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 November 2022An interesting Manager, Financial Controls job has become available at one of the financial institutions based in Kuala Lumpur.