Assistant Accounting Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Rachel Lim
Date posted 19 November 20192019-11-19 2020-01-18 accountancy kuala lumpur MY MYR 90000 102000 102000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Assistant Accounting Manager job has just become available at one of the leading FMCG firms based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to the Accounting Controller, you will be a part of a dynamic team.
About the Assistant Accounting Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for financial reporting and all accounting related activities for Southeast Asia region, overseeing a team of four headcounts.
- Prepare financial statements, supporting schedules according to month-end close schedule, ensuring completeness and accuracy of adjustments and accruals
- Review and Ensure daily shop postings are accurate, including revenue recognition and café operating cost review
- Prepare monthly fixed asset depreciation reports
- Reconcile SAP and BW (Internal data warehouse) on monthly financial reports
- Perform analytical reviews of financial results and understand factors driving variances
- Prepare internal financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including footnote and financial table preparation in US GAAP
- Support the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenue distribution, fixed assets and depreciation, operating expenses and insurance records
- Prepare and/or review monthly balance sheet and expense account reconciliations to ensure balances are properly stated, complete and accurate
- Reconcile bank accounts each month
- Prepare weekly cash activity reports and periodic cash forecasts
- Respond to internal and external data requests and auditor queries, as necessary
- Assist with budget and forecast preparation
- Develop and implement best-practice policies, procedures, and internal controls for accounting operations, financial management, budgeting, and payroll functions
- Participate in personal training and direct accounting staff cross-training, as needed
To succeed in this Assistant Accounting Manager role, you will need to have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team.
- Minimum of five years' financial reporting or relevant audit experience
- Rich experience across different areas of accounts is the plus
- SAP experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding of accounting theory, US GAAP and the ability to apply concepts to specific situations
- Proven analytical and organisational skills with the ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts
- Team player possessing ability to work collaboratively with all levels within and outside of the firm
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities while working under tight deadlines
- Advanced computer skills, including strong Microsoft Office; experience with v-lookup and pivot tables
This MNC in the FMCG industry needs no introduction and is one of leaders in their field of expertise and they have a strong presence in the market. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Assistant Accounting Manager role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss the opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C