Salary MYR117,000 - MYR130,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Rachel Lim
Date posted 29 October 20192019-10-29 2019-12-28 pharmaceuticals Petaling Jaya MY MYR 117000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior Accountant job has just become available at one of the top pharmaceutical firms based in Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Reporting to the Area Controller and the Finance Controller, you will be a part of the dynamic team.
About the Senior Accountant Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for financial reporting, month-end closing as well as new project implementations for local and regional counterparties, overseeing one headcount.
- Review and approve journal entries
- Calculate stock provisions and review journal for posting for selected countries
- Identify SAP Hyperion integration issues and liaise with Controlling Hyperion Team to find solutions. Champion Hyperion specific issues as hyperion power user
- Review SAP Financial Statements /Hyperion reports to ensure reasonableness of data entered
- Review Balance sheet reconciliations and ensure accruals, prepayments and deferred income according to accounting standard and government regulations
- Support and provide training to finance team in SAP GL process work flow
- Perform monthly vendor master data validation and maintenance in SAP
- Prepare reconciliation of Indonesian rep office with SAP and IFRS
- Support system project initiatives such as documentation of processes and review of existing processes for enhancements, and developing test scenarios
- Ensure the finance team communicates with the countries to prevent incorrect posting in SAP (e.g. incorrect Sales BU)
- Ensure finance team prepares Year-End Audit schedules and review prior to submission to auditor
- Assist the Financial Controller with year-end audit and tax submission including liaising with external auditor and tax agent
- Lead projects pertaining to finance e.g. new entity set up, SAP implementation, Hyperion Projects
- Deputise for Area Controller and Financial Controller in their absence
- Any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time
To succeed in the Senior Accountant role, you will need to have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Basic degree in Finance/Accountancy/Business Studies
- Must have professional qualifications such as ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA
- Minimum of six years of relevant work experience including three years at an audit firm
- Must have good knowledge of SAP. Candidates without SA experience need not apply
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Applications
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to plan and deliver solutions independently
- Able to work in a matrix organisation and communicate well with different stakeholders
- Positive attitude, responsible, well-organised and meticulous
- Self-initiative to learn and thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Able to work as a team and influence others
This MNC in pharmaceutical needs no introduction and is one of leaders in their field of expertise and they have a strong presence in the market. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Accountant role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss the opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C