Head of Finance
Salary MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant HuaChoon Gan
Date posted 05 December 2018 2018-12-052019-02-03 accountancy Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Head of Finance job has just become available at one of the most well-established services organisations based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to the Group CFO, you will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the group.
About the Head of Finance Role:
The Head of Finance will be responsible for providing timely, relevant and accurate financial information to finance – business planning for management decision making and monitoring purposes, including communication to external parties.
- Coordinate, consolidate, review, analyse and approve data for submission to finance – business planning, directors and shareholders on monthly, quarterly, yearly or ad-hoc basis by coordinating submissions and obtaining input from other finance team
- Independently co-review accounting papers as and when required, ensuring compliance with accounting policies, relevant accounting standards and guidelines by understanding the issues and management business model and directions/decisions
- Coordinate, consolidate, direct, review and recommend all related audit committee, BOD, shareholders, Bank Negara Malaysia, Department of Statistics reporting monthly, quarterly and yearly to meet statutory and regulatory reporting obligations and requirements by understanding new and existing approved accounting standards, Companies Act 1965, relevant technical pronouncements, etc.
- Plan, facilitate and manage group’s annual statutory audit process to ensure timely completion of annual audit and approval of group financial statements by planning and executing a proper year end audit process, working closely with external auditors, timely communicate with all involved parties and ensuring timely resolution of audit issues
- Maintain, update and recommend enhancements to company’s Financial Accounting Manual as and when required to reflect changes in accounting policies, new accounting standards, latest accounting issues and new products/business models by keeping updated on new/changes in business/company direction and accounting developments
- Direct, develop, maintain financial reporting systems, policies, processes and procedures to ensure timely, reliable and accurate reporting of financial numbers on day-to-day basis by understanding internal business operating models, operating risks, processes, policies, procedures, control principles, etc.
- Lead and set annual departmental goals and objectives for group reporting and accounting team; develop, coach and counsel team members on ad hoc and annual basis by understanding their development points, training needs and career development plans
To succeed in the Head of Finance role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior members of the organisation, across borders and internal matrix
- Candidates must possess at least a professional degree in Finance/ Accountancy or full professional qualification, MICPA/ CIMA/ ACCA/ MIA
- 11 to 15 years' relevant experience in the central finance functions of a publicly-listed company
- Strong and solid technical knowledge of Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards and Bursa Malaysia’s Listing Requirements
- Solid experience in group consolidation
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, and able to work independently under tight deadlines
The successful individual will join a company whose expertise has made them leaders in their field. This well recognised brand offers a great working environment in brand new offices.
This company is much more than a service organisation and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward makes it a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Finance role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125