Salary MYR102000 - MYR126000 per annum
Location Petaling Jaya
Consultant HuaChoon Gan
Date posted 04 October 2016
An exciting Accountant position has just become available at one of the most well-established pharmaceuticals firm based in Petaling Jaya. Reporting to the Head of Finance you are responsible for complete, timely and qualitative execution of Accounting Operations in the area of Transactional Accounting according to the defined activity split.
About the Accountant role:
As the Accountant you will need to manage key finance relationships, providing specialist advice and guidance to the business, establishing and maintain Group policy in key technical and specialist areas and so manage associated risks.
- Initiate and align local travel & expense policy with Corporate Travel Directive and local departments
- Respond to the request and provide clarification on intercompany unmatched differences
- Solve intercompany dispute and find solution in collaboration with SSC/FO, support IC project and change management in collaboration with Global office, e.g. impact evaluation of system or business process changes, perform training to customers, roll out of new technology
- Act as point of contact in accounting for local tax function / CFO. Perform preparatory and supporting activities for various tax types (among others: VAT and comparable, Intrastat, Withholding and Income Taxes)
- Receive incoming cheques and bills of exchange, verify, present to bank, scan and forward to back office
- At least 8 years of experience in Finance and Accounting, in a performance driven environment
- Degree or Diploma in Finance & Accounting/Commerce or equivalent with professional qualifications e.g. ACCA/CPA/MIA
- Knowledge and experience in SAP or other ERP / Accounting systems and may have trained or guided others in the applications
- Good communication skill and able to communicate effectively in English
- Experience of working in a shared service centre across a global /large organization will be an added advantage
This company has an outstanding international reputation in its market and great value is placed on employee training and development. They have the people and culture which promotes innovation, enterprise and creativity. This is an amazing opportunity to join a company with strong foundations and talented leaders.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125