General Accounting Team Leader
Location Petaling Jaya
Consultant John Wooden
Date posted 05 September 2016
A world recognised healthcare company is looking for a high-calibre General Accounting Team Leader to be based in their Shared Services Centre in Petaling Jaya.
About the General Accounting Team Leader Role :
In this accounting role, you will be responsible to supervise the general ledger (GL) team responsible for the financial reporting, planning and accounting of the business while reporting to the General Accounting Manager.
Key Reponsibilities :
- Managing and supervising the GL team in delivering excellent service quality to our customers in accordance with established processes and work procedures
- To ensure set KPIs (accuracy, response time, timeliness, completeness, quality, turnaround) in SLA meet or exceed the agreed service levels and targets
- Ensure timely closing of books and periodic submission of financial and management reporting according to corporate reporting timeline
- To highlight issues and liaise with country finance team to resolve and/or clarify any issues arising from day to day operations
- Involve in preparing necessary presentations/dashboard required by business country managers
- Work closely with cross-country/cross-functional business partners in order to build up strong working relationship and strive for good business partnership
To succeed in the General Accounting Team Leader job, you will need to have the you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior management across the the global scale regions and within the internal matrix.
Key Requirements :
- 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience
- Must have working experience in SSC in General Accounting process area and strong experiences in SAP
- Experience in and deep understanding of judgmental accounting transactions such as deferrals, revaluations, tax, etc
- The ability to apply this knowledge in the preparation and/or review of judgmental accounting journal entries, monthly closings, account reconciliation analysis, intercompany and other required activities
- Ability to apply strong accounting theory in reviewing Affiliate accounting activities for compliance with US GAAP/IFRS policies, SOx and other requirements
This multinational healthcare firm needs no introduction. With a long history of over 130 years and products marketed in 120 countries, they are publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and are a member of the Standard & Poor’s 500 stock index. Career progression opportunities in this company are outstanding and they are consistently regarded as one of the most exciting companies in the world to work for.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting General Accounting Team Leader job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125