GL (Fixed Asset) Manager
Salary MYR200,000 - MYR221,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Melissa Ang
Job Ref 1909090/001
Date posted 02 March 2023kuala-lumpur accountancy-finance/finance-manager 2023-03-02 2023-05-01 accountancy kuala lumpur MY MYR 200000 221000 221000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting GL (Fixed Asset) Manager job has just become available at one of the pharmaceutical MNCs based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, you will be a part of the dynamic team.
About the GL (Fixed Asset) Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for managing a team of Fixed Assets and Lease Supervisors & Accountants in preparing and recording fixed asset additions, transfers, retirements, and depreciation, as well as supporting documentation for these processes, and performing account reconciliations. In addition, you will work with business units to facilitate timely recording and reporting of fixed asset transactions.
- Manage a team of Fixed Assets and Lease Supervisors and Accountants
- Be familiar with Lease Controller software and appropriate utilisation of the software for lease accounting
- Prepare and review manual journals for various transactions impacting leases and fixed assets, including capitalisation and dispositions, with adequate supporting documentation
- Provide audit support specific to lease asset accounting
- Support regional and global reporting requirements on lease assets for all areas under regional controllership responsibility (e.g. monthly B/S and P&L Flux reviews)
- Support monthly/quarterly/annual close processes and work closely with regional controllership teams
- Leverage strong relationships within the shared services centre and other finance and non-finance teams, as well as external providers, to maintain and update shared processes, tools, and reporting activities
- Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls
- Maintain focus on continuous process improvement
To succeed in the GL (Fixed Asset) Manager role, you will need to have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Minimum of seven years of relevant professional regional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or part qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as required
- Experience in JDE, Blackline and W-Desk is an advantage
- Strong management skills
- Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can-do” mindset
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Strong reporting tools including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
This pharmaceutical MNC needs no introduction and is one of leaders in their field of expertise and they have a strong presence in the market. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting GL (Fixed Asset) Manager role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+603 2303 7025
Salary: MYR20,000 - MYR30,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 March 2023This leading organisation is preparing for massive growth in the years to come in view of the multiple projects that they will be undertaking. As such, they are recruiting for a Head of Corporate Strategy and Corporate Finance job to join them in bringing the organisation to the right direction.
Salary: MYR400,000 - MYR480,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 March 2023An exciting GM/ Chief Integrity Officer job has just become available at one of the GLCs based in Petaling Jaya. Reporting to the Group CEO, you will be a part of the dynamic team.
Salary: MYR360,000 - MYR480,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 March 2023A beauty retailer is looking for a high-calibre candidate for a Finance Director job to be part of their Malaysia team.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 10 March 2023A Deputy General Manager - Corporate Strategy job has become available at a leading conglomerate which has interest in the manufacturing, property development and hospitality industries. Strategy.
Salary: MYR360,000 - MYR480,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 February 2023A leading public listed company which has been established for over 25 years is recruiting for a Head of Investments job to expand the capability of the department.