Senior Finance Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Jonathan Yap
Job Ref 1867280/001
Date posted 30 December 2022kuala-lumpur accountancy-finance/finance-manager 2022-12-30 2023-02-28 utilities Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An established utilities MNC is seeking a Senior Finance Manager. In this job, you will assist the Finance Director in running the finance and general accounting aspects of the organisation.
About the Senior Finance Manager Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the financial operations of the organisation plus overseeing all aspects of the company’s finances, including budgeting, accounting, and auditing.
General Accounting and Reporting
- Be responsible for the full spectrum of financial affairs include day to day finance operations and administration, drive proactively to achieve targets and to complete objectives set under finance department
- Be responsible and provide prompt actions in submitting group consolidated financial reporting, statutory reporting, audit and other require reports. Strict adherence to financial reporting standard, and relevant regulatory guidelines
- Provide improvements to finance and accounting areas of the organisation and work closely with other stakeholders
- Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results
- Provide financial analysis and models as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Prepare preview and final financial statements and periodic reports to the management to facilitate cost control
- Work with internal and external auditors during reviews and audits to ensure full cooperation from accounting staff and compliance with all qualified requests
- Lead and manage a team, including selection/hiring, objective setting, performance management, coaching/development, and on-job-training
- Prepare and analyse accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow
- Maintain control of the following areas: general ledger, accounts payable, expense reports, and billing
- Maintain system of accounts, bookkeeping and keep books and records on all transactions and assets
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing
- Manage, oversee, process (as appropriate), and act as backup for processing all of the necessary transactions
- Perform month-end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, account reconciliations, and updating schedules
- Coordinate the preparation of financial information in the corporate annual report
- Recommend and report upon benchmarks against which to measure organisational performance
To succeed in the Senior Finance Manager role, you must possess at least 10 years of work experience in finance and accounting (finance, accounting, audit, and analysis).
- Professional certifications in accounting (ACCA, MIA, CPA, or equivalent)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent
- Must have strong analysis experience (including gathering, evaluating, presenting, and reporting financial information to management and external stakeholders)
- Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, general computer use and knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic AX system is an advantage
This leading company has an outstanding reputation and needs no introduction and is one of leaders in their field of expertise and they have a strong presence in the market. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Finance Manager role.
Apply today or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR120,000 - MYR180,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 January 2023An attractive Revenue Management Manager job with a reputable market-leader within the FMCG industry has just become available. Reporting directly to the Head of Revenue, this is a role for a finance expert who is a leader in their field.
Salary: MYR120,000 - MYR156,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 December 2022An exciting R2R Manager job has just become available at one of the maritime MNCs based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to the Head of Accounting, you will be a part of the dynamic team.
Salary: MYR120,000 - MYR156,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 06 January 2023An attractive Finance Manager job has become available at a prestigious company based in Klang Valley. Reporting directly to the Finance Director, this is a role for a finance expertise who is a leader in their field.
Salary: MYR150,000 - MYR160,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 04 December 2022An exciting Plant Controller (Port Klang) job has just become available at a multinational manufacturing company based in Port Klang. This role is for you if you have seven to eight years of strong experience with costing or commercial finance experience within the FMCG/manufacturing industry.