Salary Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant CheoWell Ng
Date posted 08 November 20192019-11-08 2020-01-07 engineering Petaling Jaya Petaling jaya MY MYR 96000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Accounting Manager job has just become available. Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, you will be a part of the dynamic team.
About the Accounting Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for statutory reporting and overseeing a team of four headcounts.
- Maintain both US and local general ledgers, ensuring financial closings are carried out precisely and within tight deadlines. Review and post transactions and coordinate month end closing. Maintenance of chart of accounts
- Coordinate and review balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring timely completion of all necessary adjustments
- Ensure proper processes are in place for timely recording of inventory transactions. Coordinate cycle counts and stock-takes and investigate major variances. Review and properly account for inventory
- Fixed assets management, including coordination of recording and tagging of assets and accounting for depreciation. Safeguard all company assets by conducting annual fixed and small assets verification
- Complete statutory reporting and staff retirement benefit scheme
- Supervise accounts payables function
- Carry out all year-end functions and reporting including US-GAAP returns and statutory-to-GAAP reconciliations
- Handle company secretarial functions, including coordinating annual and board meetings
- Coordinate with external auditors in the conduct of stat accounts audits
- Visit branches to conduct internal audits
- Periodically review the currency of financial policies and procedures, making revisions and communicating changes as required
- Carry out documentary SOXA tests to meet requirements and implement changes to strengthen processes
- Prepare and submit tax filings for GST, withholding, payroll, income and corporate taxes. Ensure all payments are made correctly and on a timely basis. Coordinate with tax consultants in the timely preparation of returns
To succeed in the Accounting Manager role, you will need to have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Minimum of eight years of work experience. Degree in accounting, with at least three years of accounting and tax divisions in Big 4 firms. Past experience with multinational companies is a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SOXA requirements
- Able to work effectively with external accountants to complete statutory accounts and tax reporting
- Familiarity with ERP systems, preferably JDE
- Able to supervise accounting staff while ensuring smooth and error-free financial closings and reporting
- Strong interest in internal controls, with the ability to assess and develop corrective actions. Raise the robustness of the internal control system through reviews and putting in place recommendations for improvements
- Good command of English, both written and verbal. Strong communications and presentations skills
This leading company has an outstanding reputation and needs no introduction and is one of leaders in their field of expertise and they have a strong presence in the market. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Accounting Manager role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C