Salary MYR150,000 - MYR204,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant YewJuan Wong
Date posted 24 September 20192019-09-24 2019-11-23 retail Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 150000 204000 204000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Finance Manager job has just become available at a leading international retail business based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Finance Manager Role:
The Finance Manager is a finance leader role and a member of the Malaysia leadership team. This critical business partnering role requires a high-calibre individual to lead the day-to-day finance operations including accounting and internal controls for the Malaysia business.
- Oversee the general accounting functions for Malaysia, including leading the month-end closing process to ensure it is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure monthly reporting for Malaysia is submitted on time including financial performance and KPIs, and in full compliance with US GAAP
- Ensure compliance of all local regulations, taxation, audit and statutory reporting in Malaysia. Liaise with all government departments and others as required
- Responsible for Malaysia treasury matters, including managing the balance sheet, and ensuring cash flow forecast accuracy, compliance with corporate treasury policy and strategy, and have sufficient cash flow for daily operations, liaison with corporate banker
- Responsible for payroll including liaising with payroll providers, reviewing payroll, provision preparation for salary and benefit incentive, employee tax return, responsible for HCM (HR system) and HR filing
- Ensure the effectiveness and compliance of the internal controls system for Malaysia. Work to continuously improve the internal controls environment
- Be an invaluable partner to the Malaysia commercial General Manager and the Malaysia leadership team to provide consultation and analysis to facilitate sound business decision making
- Participate in the timely analysis of business performance and preparation of the monthly business review financial presentation, and quarterly working capital for reviews with APAC regional management. This includes the ongoing assessment and reporting of business risks and opportunities
- Work with the FP&A team in the forecasting and budgeting process for Malaysia
- Be the finance lead (PTP and RTR) for the Oracle ERP system, including providing appropriate continuing training across the organisation
- Be involved in the S&OP (sales and operations planning process) as needed. Help to improve forecasting accuracy
- Respond to ad hoc requests across multiple business areas
- Undertake other projects and duties as agreed with the line manager
To succeed in this Finance Manager role, you must have solid accounting and internal control skills.
- Good working knowledge of accounting standards. US GAAP knowledge is an added advantage
- Superior Excel, Word, PowerPoint and presentation/chart applications skills
- Solid knowledge and direct experience using ERP systems (Oracle is our global ERP system) and business intelligence reporting tools (such as COGNOS Business Intelligence, Hyperion, ESSBASE)
- Experience leading a small team of three to five people
- Verbal and written English language skills appropriate for management-level communication. Multiple Asian language skills is an advantage as the candidate is required to work with counterparts across the region
- Strong analytical skills (forecasting and budgeting, capital investment analysis) with good commercial acumen. Be adept in structuring and solving unstructured business issues
- Demonstrated success in business partnering with commercial - General Manager, sales and marketing leaders, etc.
- Logical and organised with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines both working autonomously and within a team
- Ability to balance and prioritise multiple conflicting requirements
- Very strong business partnering skills
The company is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses and related products and services. Its products are sold in over 100 countries around the world.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Finance Manager is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C