Salary MYR120,000 - MYR132,000 per annum
Location Shah Alam
Consultant Tumez Bakshani
Date posted 09 July 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A well known Multinational engineering firm has an opening for a Finance Manager to be based in their Shah Alam office.
About the Finance Manager role :
This role will manage the accounts for 2 entities, while guiding and developing the junior staff in the team.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ensuring financial closings are carried out precisely and within tight deadlines. Review and post transactions and coordinate month end closing.
- Coordination and review of balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring timely completion of all necessary adjustment
- Ensure proper processes are in place for timely recording of inventory transactions. Coordinate cycle counts and stock-takes and investigate major variances
- Fixed Assets management, including coordination of recording & tagging of assets and accounting for depreciation
- Carry out all year-end functions and reporting including US-GAAP returns and statutory-to-GAAP reconciliations
- Handle company secretarial functions, including coordinating annual and board meeting
- Prepare and submit tax filings for withholding, payroll, income and corporate taxes. Ensure all payments are made correctly and timely. Coordinate with tax consultants in the timely preparation of returns
To succeed in this role, you need to be willing to be a hands on manager.
- Minimum 8 years working experience with a degree in Accounting. Past experience with multinational companies is a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX requirements
- Able to effectively work with external accountants to complete statutory accounts and tax reporting
- Familiarity with ERP system
- Able to supervise accounting staff while ensuring smooth and error-free financial closings and reporting
- Strong interest in internal controls, with ability to assess and develop corrective actions. Raise the robustness of the internal control system through reviews and putting in place recommendations for improvements
- Good command of English, both written and verbal. Strong communications and presentations skills
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. Great company culture and great people. The company is very focused on developing and training its employees to their best potentials.
If you are motivated, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this will be a suitable role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Finance Manager role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this opportunity further.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125