Head of Group Finance
Salary Market aligned
Consultant Kim-Yie Lee
Date posted 04 September 20192019-09-04 2019-11-03 financial-services Cyberjaya MY MYR 360000 540000 540000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Group Finance role has become available at a shared services centre based in Cyberjaya, Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Regional Head of Finance in Hong Kong, this is a role for an experienced finance head who has managed a large team of employees.
About the Head of Group Finance Role:
Reporting to the Regional Head of Finance and the CEO of the organisation, you will be accountable for all areas of finance, including areas of investment accounting, procurement support operations, finance operations, treasury operations services and any reporting and analysis to the group office on a timely basis and in accordance to applicable accounting policies, standards and guidelines.
- Review, monitor, meet and report all KPIs/SLAs as stipulated
- Collaborate and develop a business partnership with business units CFOs and controllers, group functions heads, external auditors, etc. to ensure strategic alignment and successful project migration
- Strategically plan the outsourcing projects and continuous monitoring to ensure successful implementation
- Further enhance/re-engineer the group processes via automation which will lead to cost reduction (OPAT improvement), improved service delivery (fast close) and improved internal control and governance (improved quality of information)
- Develop/annually review business process manuals (BPM) and training materials for each process in the group by optimising best practices, ensuring all risks are address by proper controls, and at the same time ensuring the BPM is in line with the organisation’s accounting procedures, and applicable group and local accounting standards
- Prepare, communicate, monitor and analyse variance for the group approved budget against actual financial data on a timely basis to ensure cost optimisation
- Deliver beyond service level agreement (SLA) with group finance and local entities
To succeed in this Head of Group Finance role, you must ensure overall productivity improvement and value creation to the stakeholders, optimise the group's support to their entities, and focus on standardisation and process re-engineering via automation and enhancement.
- University degree in Accountancy and internationally-recognised accounting qualification (ACCA, etc.)
- At least 15 years in the finance department of a multinational financial services company (preferably in Asia Pacific)
- Advance knowledge of accounting standard and principles, the ability to interpret the standards and apply to real life scenarios
- Advanced knowledge of investment products (bonds, equities, mutual funds, structured notes, asset-backed securities, etc.) including both the accounting characteristics of such securities and the investment characteristics
- Strong organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills, as well as training technique
This leading life insurance multinational has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Group Finance role.
Apply now and feel free to connect with me through email@example.com
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C