APAC Credit Manager
Salary MYR120,000 - MYR180,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Melissa Ang
Job Ref 1802260/001
Date posted 10 May 2022petaling-jaya accountancy-finance/credit-controller 2022-05-13 2022-07-09 accountancy Petaling Jaya MY MYR 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting APAC Credit Manager role has just become available at one of the retail firms based in Petaling Jaya. Reporting to the Global Credit Senior Manager, you will be a part of the dynamic team.
About the APAC Credit Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for the entire credit management process, including the consistent application of company’s credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the credit worthiness of new customers and prospects, with the goal of optimising the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
- Manage ongoing credit risk for an assigned customer portfolio and establish the credit limit for all the customers in that portfolio with particular attention paid to customer history, industry, sectors, and geography
- Monitor clients for appropriate credit limits and restrictions as per the frequency defined in the company’s credit risk policy
- Ensure the quality, reliability and timeliness of all financial analysis and evaluate extended payment term requests
- Assess accounts for referral to collection agency and maintain agency relationships. Manage the extended payment terms approval process to ensure the proper approvals are obtained to grant terms that are outside of the established standard terms
- Perform customer order releases on a daily basis. Ensure adherence to the company's credit policy
- Recommend changes in the credit policy to senior management. Facilitate timely and appropriate resolution of emerging issues through the involvement of internal stakeholders (credit and collection teams, sales, finance, legal, operations)
- Work on team projects in order to continuously improve our tools and partner with the collections team on overdue AR management
- Build and develop relationships with the sales team and other functional partners throughout
To succeed in the APAC Credit Manager role, you will need to have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's or MBA degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, finance, or a related field is required
- 7 - 10 years of experience as a Credit Manager
- Proven comprehensive knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis in order to accurately define customer risk and financial position
- Knowledge of laws and regulations concerning credit and collection issues, such as UCC filings, legal credit applications, and enforceable guarantees of payment is required
- Must have the proven ability to build strong relationships with global peers and senior leadership
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office Products is required (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail is required for this role
- Strict confidentiality on the matters considered and work performed
This IT MNC needs no introduction and is one of leaders in their field of expertise and they have a strong presence in the market. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting APAC Credit Manager role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR120,000 - MYR156,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Petaling JayaDate posted: 08 June 2022An exciting Commercial Finance Manager job has just become available at an FMCG company. You will be leading the sales planning activities for Malaysia.
Salary: MYR120,000 - MYR180,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Petaling JayaDate posted: 20 May 2022A Finance Manager (Retail) job has become available at a rapidly expanding retail company. Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for financial, accounting, operational, treasury, tax and admin matters.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Petaling JayaDate posted: 20 June 2022An exciting Finance Manager job has just become available at one of the MNCs based in Selangor.