Finance Manager- Controllership
Salary MYR96,000 - MYR120,000 per annum
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Rachel Lim
Date posted 11 July 20192019-07-11 2019-09-09 it kuala lumpur MY MYR 96000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Finance Manager-Controllership job has just become available at one of the world’s leading global IT solutions provider based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager this is a role for an accounting professional with a strong analytical background and a sense of commercial acumen.
About the Finance Manager-Controllership role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for key aspects of the controllership function based in Thailand which entails driving month end closing activities, compliance with accounting policies (US GAAP) and SOX compliance while working closely with APAC shared service centre.
• Drive month-end/quarter-end/year-end close process for legal entities in Thailand, in collaboration with local stakeholders, Finance Shared Services Centre and Corporate Accounting. Ensure close is being completed timely and with no significant issues
• Review P&L and Balance Sheet flux and provide commentaries for material variances
• Prepare or review manual journals and balance sheet reconciliations
• Identify significant issues and comments for quarterly CFO certifications
• Drive strong SOX and internal control compliance in country. Ensure solid control documentation is developed and maintained, and key process owners are educated about internal controls
• Identify potential control issues and proactively mitigate gaps
• Provide consultation to the business teams on new business initiatives and arrangements to ensure right accounting treatment and adequate internal controls are in place
• Ensure full compliance with corporate finance policies eg. reconciliations, manual journal entries
• Lead and own annual statutory audits for timely completion, with effective management of audit fees
• Work closely with regional tax team on tax returns and any other significant tax compliance issues
• Enable roll-out of corporate policies, processes and systems initiatives to the countries
To succeed in this Finance Manager -Controllership role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with other business finance teams as well as APAC across borders and internal matrix.
• Professional qualification and/or a Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
• At least 8-10 years’ experience in accounting or controllership
• Experience and knowledge of Thailand financial statutory requirements will be viewed favorably
• SAP knowledge and advanced user in Excel
• Proven US GAAP knowledge/ experience would be an asset
• Proficient in SOX and internal control frameworks
This international IT solutions provider is recognised as one of the leader in their field of expertise. The culture can be demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The company is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Finance Manager- Controllership role
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C