Salary MYR84000 - MYR96000 per annum
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Megan Ong
Date posted 26 September 2016
A rapidly expanding retailer is looking for a talented Business Controller in Kuala Lumpur to join their team. In this job, you will be a key business partner to the market JV Business Manager and is responsible in providing financial inputs for business decision making.
About the Business Controller role:
In this key role you will be reporting to the Market Financial Controller and to CFO (SEA), managing the day-to-day financial activities of the organization. As the Businesss Controller, you will be responsible in providing inputs for FP&A activities and financial inputs to business decision making.
- Responsible for the overall market Finance and Accounting functions, as well as tax planning and reporting, cash flow management, treasury and secretarial matters
- Provide monthly inputs on planning and analysis activities, working along side with the SEA cluster FP&A team on reporting requirements
- Perform annual budgeting and monthly forecasting and provide finance input to the JV Business unit in developing the budget / latest landing
- Work closely with Business Manager, market Sales and Marketing teams, to identify trends, issues, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and risks in order to derive latest forecasting
- Ensure accounting books and records are prepared based on local and US GAAP and ensure a solid internal control environment – compliance with SOX
- Develop and maintain good professional relationship with auditors, tax agent, bankers, suppliers and related business associates
- To succeed in this role, you must possess a minimum of Degree in Finance / Accounting and further internationally recognised professional qualifications
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Accounting or Audit would be an advantage
- Highly motivated individual, sound judgement with the ability to analyse and resolve daily operational issues
- Strategic thinking, maturity and confidence would be good
- English fluency essential
- SAP Knowledge preferable, good experience of business reporting tools
The successful business controller will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. The company is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards. The Business Controller role is challenging but with the right attitude and mindset, the opportunities to learn and grow are boundless.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the opportunity for you to work with an industry leader.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125