Salary MYR60000 - MYR84000 per annum
Location Petaling Jaya
Consultant Lynne Koay
Date posted 17 October 2016
As a result of ongoing and continued success both within Malaysia and internationally, this leader of the travel and tourism industry is recruiting for an Assistant Manager to join their team in Petaling Jaya.
About the Assistant Manager Role:
This position is responsible for the financial analysis and reporting functions of the organisation. The position is primarily accountable for preparing the analysis of financial and operating results compared to budget, forecast and prior year and reporting on profitability by products/market.
- Prepare periodic reports, comparing budgeted costs and quarterly forecast to actual costs, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance
- Manage regular accurate reporting - daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual business reports and forecasts to provide insights to other departments in tracking progress of business performance
- Assist in preparing presentations to investors, Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Lead or assist in the implementation of advances in technology and software to improve financial reporting, analysis and controls, including creating reporting tools using electronic spreadsheets/platform such as Power BI to deal with any ad hoc financial analysis requests or management information requests
- Drive continuous process improvement and best practices in all aspect of work
To succeed in the Assistant Manager job, you need to have the ability to articulate strategy to operational teams.
- Possesses minimum 4 to 5 years of experience in public accounting or financial industry
- Strong computer skills in Excel and Word. Experience in SQL, Powerpivot or VBA is a plus
- Able to build strong working relationships at all levels
- Innovative and fresh thinking with a passion for solving problems and an ability to inspire others
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and drive to make things happen, results oriented
- Degree in Accountancy / Finance or Professional Accounting Qualification
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and international coverage, they have won numerous awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution has a high priority on developing their people to world class standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Assistant Manager job.
Apply now or call me to find out more about this opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125